• Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Crossout  (Read 24 times)

« on: March 06, 2018, 11:57:22 PM »

Offline JC_Daddy

• Administrator
  • ACOG Member
  • Awards Twice The Luck - 2 Consecutive League Wins COD League - Season 10 (MW3) - Winning Team COD League - Season 11 (MW3) - Winning Team COD League - Season 12 (Blops 2) - Winning Team Monthly Trivia Champion (Jan'13) Monthly Trivia Champion (Nov'12) Monthly Trivia Champion (Oct'12) Monthly Trivia Champion (Mar'12) Expoo 2011 Veteran Expoo 2012 Veteran Expoo 3 Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Interesting free game called Crossout is on the PS store. It's a cross between Carmageddon (GTA1 era) and Mad Max.
Drive your vehicle around to take out the enemy vehicles either by ramming them or shooting with your onboard guns. It's an out and out destruction derby. No point hiding for a sniper position, just get in there and run & gun (but on wheels). You get more points the more damage you do and this earns towards your codriver and vehicle level. Earn more points to join different factions where different upgrades can be built for your car. You can customize you car from bits your have made or collected on the way, but I find this a bit tricky.

Also tricky is the driving/steering controls. Although there are 2 modes on control, I've only tried the "racer" setting (for those familiar with driving games).Left stick is to drive and right stick is for camera, but you need ot manipulate the camera to aim your gun. Means you are driving one way and shooting another, but not as natural as in FPS games (by the way this is 3rd person only).

Each game only lasts about 1 to 2 mins, but it's only 20 secs pause between games.

Worth a look for free if you like shoot em ups, driving games, and or general carnage
It's not big, and it's not clever....but it's a hell of a lot of fun!

Re: Crossout
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 10:10:10 AM »

Offline tlpn99

• ACOG Member
  • Awards Winners GT5 Drivers Championship - Season 2 Winning Team ACOG Birthday Quiz - Winner 2012 COD League - Season 1 (MW2) - Winning Team Expoo 2011 Veteran Expoo 2012 Veteran Expoo 3 Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Cheers JC. I'll try this again. I may need to re download it again. I cleared it off for some reason without looking what it was.
"Were going in there like everbody else, nine guys no weapons!"