Author Topic: The Taken King  (Read 1332 times)

The Taken King
« on: October 03, 2015, 01:18:26 PM »

Offline crazygoldfish

• ACOG Member
  • Awards BF3 League - Season 2 Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I've had an on off love affair with destiny .

When it first came out I enjoyed the short lived campaign and then quickly loathed it due to the grind required to level up.

I really didn't see the point in level up to play a strike that was the same mission more or less as the campaign.

I then hated it more when I realised I had to level up more to play dlc.

Eventually gave up and sold it.

When the taken King was announced I didn't really pay much attention and then read a few reviews saying it had improved the game etc.

They have changed the levelling system , instead of a grind fest to do the smallest amount of level increase, I'm levelling up more in every mission now than what I would do in a week with the old system.

In a week I've went from level 20 to 32.

Enemies drop a silly amount of loot and ammo now, and because they have changed the mission levels there are some really meaty fire fights that you can actually do now.

Last night me knuckles and the pain guys done a raid. To be honest I didn't know what a raid was, essentially it's a 1-6 player special mission to take down a boss and get some fancy loot. But there's more depth to it than that, there are some subtitle twists to the plot that can mean life or death.

There are some traps that can make you wet your pants with laughter when you watch you team mate try and complete the puzzle for the 20th time.

To me this is the game destiny should have been on launch, if you were ever tempted then now is the time to give into temptation.

If you shop around you can buy destiny for 33 to 35 for the legendary edition.

that gives you the full game, all 3 dlc, and a tonne of weapons. 

Thanks to then new level system you don't need to worry about everyone being a level 40 in the game you will level up in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Taken King
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 03:20:31 PM »

Offline crazygoldfish

• ACOG Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
<a href="http://youtu.be/j1LzYfeiJ58" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/j1LzYfeiJ58</a>

Acog & pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »

Offline Buck

• ACOG Member
  • YT PSN: |__sLive__|
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Unfortunately Destiny had it's chance last year to be what it should have been, not spending another 30+ on it when the likes of Fallout / Battlefront are coming out.
Social PSN: Buckinghell / YT PSN: sLiveGaming

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 03:19:59 PM »

Offline crazygoldfish

• ACOG Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
for current players who have put in allot of time then I would agree, why spend another 30+

But for new players who are interested in the game then for 30+ the full game and all DLC is a pretty good deal.

I did not spend that much time on the game in the past so for me I am happy to give it another shot.

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 05:33:51 PM »

Offline Buck

• ACOG Member
  • YT PSN: |__sLive__|
    • View Profile
    • Awards
for current players who have put in allot of time then I would agree, why spend another 30+

But for new players who are interested in the game then for 30+ the full game and all DLC is a pretty good deal.

I did not spend that much time on the game in the past so for me I am happy to give it another shot.

Aye, agree if you've not put that much time into it then deffo give it a go but Bungie's lack of ability to think up "something" new killed off any willingness I had to maintain faith in them.  It was a good game, don't get me wrong but reusing/rehashing previously used content and selling it off as DLC wasn't the way to go to keep it's current community of players.
Social PSN: Buckinghell / YT PSN: sLiveGaming

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 04:21:14 PM »

Offline DrakeTear

• ACOG Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I bought it second hand which I thought was the taken king edition but little did I realise it was separate dlc, I like the game but I have got to a point where I need dlc to continue so I cannot carry on playing very disappointed about it